We’re back! We’ve had an unexpected hiatus over the last little bit, but now we’re back full force with cosplay updates and a brand new episode of the podcast!
With Tsukino-Con 2012 over, we’ve all been left with quite a few new cosplays! For more, be sure to visit our deviantART accounts!
As for the podcast, Erin (Erin-Aru) spent a few days around New Year’s with us, and during that time recorded an episode of the podcast with Chelsea and I! Despite it going through post production to come out past New Year’s, we’re still calling it our New Year’s show.
This new episode of the podcast is centered around the topic of Cosplay For Beginners. We tackle everything from choosing your character based on your experience, to how you can go about putting your cosplays together. This episode’s featured cosplayer is our local superstar, Twinfools! During Storytime, we’ll be sharing our embarrassing tales back from our beginner days. Plus, a bonus derp reel at the end (this episode was recorded late on New Year’s Eve, so there’ll be plenty of half-awake laughs to go around)! You won’t want to miss it!
Episode 3 download:
The Royal Cosplay Society Podcast, episode 3: Cosplay For Beginners
- 01:05 – Erin’s Introduction
Relevant links: for more on Erin, visit:
- 01:43 – Choosing your character
- 02:14 – How to measure a character’s difficulty (“The Piece Tactic”)
- 03:40 – Recommended series for the beginner cosplayer
- 05:48 – Pacing yourself
- 09:24 – Time management
- 10:57 – Closet cosplay
- 12:38 – Maximizing your resources
- 15:20 – Things to stay away from
- 16:35 – Using natural hair
- 18:30 – Props
- 19:36 – Online Stores
Chelsea’s recommended wig sellers:
Anya’s (former) usual wig seller:
Relevant links: Cosplay1 commissions (Anya’s recommended commission site):
- 25:44 – Cosplayer Spotlight: Twinfools
Relevant links: Twinfools deviantART gallery:
- 28:47 – Storytime: Beginner Stories
- 28:49 – Anya’s “Peach and Rin Hair” beginner story
- 31:17 – Erin’s “Triple Cosplay/Hair Dye Nightmare” story
- 33:10 – Chelsea’s “Halloween Wig Horror” stories
- 36:30 – New Year’s wishes/sign-off
- 37:44 – Half awake derps
Like our podcast?
please be sure to rate and comment! Want to know when the newest episode is out? Subscribe!
Have a question relating to cosplay?
Send us your questions either by commenting on the blog, or noting/commenting us on our deviantART accounts! (http://anyapanda.deviantart.com or http://fantasyrhia.deviantart.com) All questions will be addressed during question and answer podcast specials, or privately over the internet!
Peace, love and cosplay!